Recipe by mollypaul
A beautiful licuado from Mexico guaranteed to quench the summertime heat. From The Border Cookbook as published in our local paper. Cook time is chilling time.
Top Review by Thorsten
What a delicious and refreshing combination of water melon and mint. And the colour of this beverage is a highlight as well. Put a fresh mint leaf into each glas to have a wonderful colour contrast. The mint flavor goes very well together with the fruity sweetness of the melon. Try this recipe to beat the heat on a hot summer day.
- 8 cups loosely packed seeded watermelon, chunks
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- ice cube
- mint sprig (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whirl melon in blender in batches, adding mint leaves to one of the batches.
- Pour puree into large pitcher, stir in sparkling water and add sugar to taste (perfectly ripened melon should not require any).
- Chill at least one hour.
- Pour over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint sprig.