Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A beautiful licuado from Mexico guaranteed to quench the summertime heat. From The Border Cookbook as published in our local paper. Cook time is chilling time.
- 8 cups loosely packed seeded watermelon, chunks
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- ice cube
- mint sprig (garnish)
- Whirl melon in blender in batches, adding mint leaves to one of the batches.
- Pour puree into large pitcher, stir in sparkling water and add sugar to taste (perfectly ripened melon should not require any).
- Chill at least one hour.
- Pour over ice in tall glasses and garnish with mint sprig.
What a delicious and refreshing combination of water melon and mint. And the colour of this beverage is a highlight as well. Put a fresh mint leaf into each glas to have a wonderful colour contrast. The mint flavor goes very well together with the fruity sweetness of the melon. Try this recipe to beat the heat on a hot summer day.
This was such a wonderful alternative to many of the watermelon drinks we have--and simpler too! We used this as one of our beverages for our Memorial Day Wkend BBQ and I just loved it! Some argued that there was too much mint, but I say that it was just perfect and complimented the sweet watermelon well. Thanks Molly53, I'll be making this one again!
A very tasty and refreshing drink. I loved the intriguing colour. The mint paired exceptionaly well with the watermelon. My guests and I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely drink. Thank you Molly53 for a great recipe.