Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very refreshing summer drink. I like it because it's not too sweet.
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups cantaloupe, rind removed, seeded and chopped into cubes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a blender or food processor, combine water, cantaloupe, sugar, and lime juice until smooth.
- Pour mixture through a strainer into a pitcher, forcing through most of the pulp.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with or without ice cubes.
- As a decorative touch, add slices or chunks of melon.
Great recipe.I had a melon that was not sweet and my family won't eat it otherwise. I hated to through in the trash so I tried this. I strained it and pressed out some of the finer pulp. I tried without the lime but seemed too sweet one small key lime it made a world of difference great recipe. A keeper. My picky daughter who is not big on melon drank a large glass. She is getting some fruit in their too.
I really enjoyed this agua Alia. I love raw drinks and this one is perfection. I like the addition of the lime juice to the agua, it gives it a little edge. Nice, light, semi sweet, flavorful, refreshing drink, that I will make often. Thank you for sharing with all of us.
Great drink! I used 3 cups of melon and left out the lime juice. Tasted really authentic :-)