Prep 7 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from a friend in college, brings back good memories every time i make it. Delicious, easy to make and yummy just plain, but I dress it up with butter and all fruit jam, and it’s great. I modified it to make it healthier. I left the original recipe in parentheses.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour or 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (I use sucanat)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk (I use hemp milk)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil or 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix flour, powder, salt, Splenda and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix egg, milk, and butter in a separate bowl.
- Pour milk mixture over flour mixture. Stir only enough to dampen flour.
- Add frozen berries (1/2 cup) or leave plain.
- Spoon into buttered muffin tins about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.