Got this from my friend Margaret, who got it from her friend Sonja, who got it from her friend Ralph. Don't you love it when recipes travel that way? It's extremely yummy and a great choice for fall. Note: This is an EXTREMELY flexible recipe, and amounts are completely up to you -- these are just the amounts I used. (This time. Next time, who knows?)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice baby carrots in half lengthwise. Put in pot, cover with water, and add cider vinegar and honey.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, and simmer until carrots are cooked but still firm (al dente).
- 3Add radish slices and onion. You can use either thinly sliced onion, or chopped onion -- your preference. Cook another 5 minutes.
- 4Remove veggies with slotted spoon and refrigerate. Continue to cook the liquid until reduced to the consistency of a thin (but not too thin) syrup.
- 5Cool syrup and whisk in olive oil.
- 6When you're ready to serve, combine refrigerated veggies, thinly sliced (or diced) apple, walnuts, and raisins. Add syrup and toss well to combine.
- 7You can throw in anything you want -- crunchy is good (like string beans or celery) and so is sweet (like beets, raw or roasted, or roasted sweet potatoes).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Agrodolce Salad
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 52.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g