Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in Yankee magazine in an article they used to feature called "Recipe with a History." This is my adaptation. Prep time includes chilling time, as well as time to roll out and cut the dough. Bake time is 12-15 per baking sheet.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, cream, and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt, then stir into the creamy mixture.
- Cover and chill until firm.
- Roll out on a very lightly floured surface very thin.
- Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters and set onto lightly greased cookie sheets (or line cookie sheets with parchment paper).
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 12-15 minutes (or until light brown).
Good cookies! I scaled the recipe in half, cut out half the dough (there's just the 2 of us) & froze the rest to make another 2 dozen another day. On an air-bake shhet, they required 16 minutes. Thanx Heather!