Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe comes from the kitchen of the Hotel Sitea in Turin, Piemonte, Italia. Dates from the 1960's and is from a clipping in my grandmother's recipe box.
- 2 lbs lean lamb
- 6 artichokes
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, chopped
- 1 tablespoon thyme, chopped
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the outer harder leaves of the artichokes, trim the stalk, cut them in slices and soak them in water with lemon juice.
- Cut the lamb meat, dip it in flour and sauté in a saucepan with pre-heated oil.
- Mix in the onion, the artichokes, the thyme and mint, stirring occationally and let the ingredients stew in the lidded saucepan.
- Pour in the white wine and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Put the lid back on the pan and let simmer for at least one hour.
- Turn over the artichokes from time to time to cook them more uniformly. Serve very hot.