Recipe by Ilysse
Another recipe from another book. Your guess is as good as mine as to which one. This is a wonder lamb recipe tho, be sure to serve it with a good bread to sop up the gravy. You can use chops for this, shoulder, chunks, whatever.
- 4 lbs baby lamb
- 2 ounces pancetta or 2 ounces prosciutto, diced small
- 2 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 fresh sage leaves (more or less) or 6 dried sage
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan large enough to hold all the lamb.
- Add pancetta and saute for a few minutes.
- Add garlic and sage and saute a minute more before adding the Lamb.
- Brown lamb on all sides then add all the wine.
- Season to taste cover and cook for about 15 minutes to 1/2 hour.
- Just before ready to serve turn heat up, uncover and reduce sauce by half.
- Serve with sauce poured over the lamb.