Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachel Ray's original 30 Minute Meals book, a simple pasta dish with a subtle heat. Good with a crisp green salad and french bread.
- 1 lb linguine
- 5 garlic cloves, minced fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 anchovy fillets (optional, but you really can't taste them)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta to desired done-ness.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the garlic and pepper flakes until they start making noise. Add the anchovies and stir them in the oil until they are no longer visible. Toss with the cooked and drained pasta. Adjust salt and pepper if needed. Serve.
I really enjoyed making and eating this recipe. Very easy and simple to make with not a lot of ingredients. I loved the garlic and chili caribe (mine is from New Mexico) combination. It was spicy but the NM chiles are quite a bit hotter. The flavors were all nicely melded. I did omit the anchovies, but I don't think that it affected the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing this tasty recipe.
Love this dish, it is quick and easy. A great light pasta dish. However I don't use the anchovies, I use shrimp. Any meat works well with the garlic and oil combo.