Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy, fast, and good. Great for those night when you don't feel like cooking. Garlic-lovers this is for you.
- 1 lb penne (uncooked) or 1 lb rotini pasta (uncooked)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup celery leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan-romano cheese mix
- salt and black pepper
- Bring about 5 quarts of water to a boil with 3 teaspoons salt; add in the pasta and cook only until firm-tender; drain but RESERVE 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Start this when you are boiling the pasta; Heat about 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium-low heat in a skillet.
- Add in 3 tablespoons garlic and about 1/2 teaspoon salt with black pepper to taste; saute stirring often until the garlic is light brown (about 6-8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon minced garlic, green peepers, crushed red pepper flakes, celery leaves, capers, onion powder, lemon or lime juice and about 2 tablespoons of pasta cooking water; mix to combine.
- Transfer the drained pasta to a large serving bowl; toss with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and the remaining reserved cooking water.
- Add in the garlic mixture; toss well to combine.
- Season with more black pepper and salt to serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.