Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Mi-Yon Kim at Madison Middle School.
- 4 tofu cakes, fresh
- vegetable oil
- 29.57 ml soy sauce
- 88.74 ml soba tsuyu sauce
- 88.74 ml grated daikon radishes
- 29.58 ml gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 14.79 ml bonito flakes (pre-flaked katsuobushi)
- Cut each tofu cake into 6 equal parts; pat dry with paper towels. Deep fry them in pan of hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. In a small mixing bowl, combine soba tsuyu and soy sauce with last 3 ingredients. Customarily, each garnish is mixed into the sauce to taste.