Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
From Mi-Yon Kim at Madison Middle School.
- 4 tofu cakes, fresh
- vegetable oil
- 6 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons soba tsuyu sauce
- 6 tablespoons grated daikon radishes
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon bonito flakes (pre-flaked katsuobushi)
- Cut each tofu cake into 6 equal parts; pat dry with paper towels. Deep fry them in pan of hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. In a small mixing bowl, combine soba tsuyu and soy sauce with last 3 ingredients. Customarily, each garnish is mixed into the sauce to taste.