Recipe by nott
This julep is prepared ahead of time and aged for a month in the refrigerator before enjoying. How nice to have a supply on hand. Just add crushed ice. I got this recipe from a magazine a few years ago, but do not remember which one
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water and sugar on medium heat to dissolve sugar.
- Add the mint, crushing it as you go to release the oils.
- Bring the syrup and mint to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover it.
- Let the mixture steep for 1 hour.
- Strain out the mint and squeeze it dry to remove all the syrup.
- Add the bourbon and stir gently.
- Pour into a clean bottle and chill at least 1 month.
- Serve over crushed ice with a sprig of mint for a garnish.