This julep is prepared ahead of time and aged for a month in the refrigerator before enjoying. How nice to have a supply on hand. Just add crushed ice. I got this recipe from a magazine a few years ago, but do not remember which one
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat water and sugar on medium heat to dissolve sugar.
- 2Add the mint, crushing it as you go to release the oils.
- 3Bring the syrup and mint to a boil.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat and cover it.
- 5Let the mixture steep for 1 hour.
- 6Strain out the mint and squeeze it dry to remove all the syrup.
- 7Add the bourbon and stir gently.
- 8Pour into a clean bottle and chill at least 1 month.
- 9Serve over crushed ice with a sprig of mint for a garnish.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aged Mint Julep
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 0.3 g