Recipe by Julesgems
This has been altered from a recipe from The Joy of Cheesecake. I have been fine tuning it for years, and have become quite famous for my GOOD FOR YOU CHEESECAKE. Very little sugar or fat. We have this for special occasions, and if there is leftovers...... we eat it for DINNER!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups light Agave or 1 1⁄4 cups dark Agave
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated cane juice (I leave this out, optional, optional) (optional) or 1⁄4 cup sugar (I leave this out) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the crust by mixing the last 2 or 3 ingredients, Put them in the bottom of a greased Cheesecake pan. Roll flat with a tiny roller, I use my pizza crust roller, or tamp down with an ice cream scoop. Put in the freezer.
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat the ROOM TEMPERATURE cream cheese, with a mixer until it is very creamy and smooth, with no lumps.
- Add the agave and the flour, continue to cream with the mixer.
- Add the fresh grated rinds, if you have none, don't even bother with the dry stuff in a jar. (I save fresh lemon rinds, and some orange ones in a ziploc bag, and FREEZE. Now is where you USE THEM.) Maybe a dab of frozen juice concentrate? Keep mixing.
- Add the eggs, (the original recipe says to add them one at a time, and mix between, since I'm a rebel) add 2 at a time and mix until well blended.
- Retrieve the crust, pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Turn your oven off with out opening the door and wait 60 minutes.
- Stir the sour cream and vanilla, only until it is one color.(if you must add the sugar. add it to the sour cream -- ).
- Spread the mixture over the top of warm cake and bake 5-7 minutes , just until it is set.
- This bakes in multiples wonderfully, and freezes and shares GREAT. It seems like this takes FOREVER, but it is SO worth it.
- Optional: Sometimes I make more topping, 12 oz sour cream, and 3 Tbsp sugar.