Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Cooking Light magazine. I added chopped walnuts but they are good this way as well.
Make and share this Agave Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar, C&H brand organic light
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a smaller bowl, mix egg, Agave Nectar and milk.
- Stir into flour mixture until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Knead cranberries or raisins in until just combined.
- Roll dough into a 1/2 inch disk and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on prepared cooking sheet.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place scones on a wire rack to cool.