Amazing sugar-free cookies that taste great and are made with whole wheat flour. Kids love these and they are perfect for teaching healthy eating. They are also vegan.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix together the margarine and agave nectar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 Tablespoons flax seed meal with 4 Tablespoons of water. Add to margarine/agave.
- Add in remaining dry ingredients: 1/2 cup flax seed meal, whole wheat pastry flour, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt.
- Mix in oats then raisins on low.
- Measure about 1/4 cup of cookie dough (I use an ice cream scoop) per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly. Cookies do not spread much so you can bake them rather close together.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are slightly browned.
these tasted pretty good. a little sweet. i think 3/4 cup agave is a bit much. also there is no oatmeal in the recipe, only in the title. i subbed 1 cup of the flour for oats and added vanilla and walnuts. but other than that they are a great sugar free cookie and pretty healthy too. thanks
I think this is a great cookie, There's so much you can do with it. Just about any dried fruit and or nut would work fine. I like recipes I can play with. Thanks
The cookies are not very sweet, but I still thought they tasted very good. I added chopped pecan and the extra crunch was tasty. You could also substitute chopped dried apricot instead of raisins. For a "healthy" cookies these are pretty good.