Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dressing is simple and surprisingly very good. I fabricated it the other night for a dinner party and there were rave reviews all around. It was born out of a need for a green salad dressing that went well with Mexican food and the desire to not leave the house to get any ingredients. The proportions here leave the dressing slightly tart - add more agave if you like a sweeter dressing. The sesame seeds were a last minute addition when I realized that the original attempt was a tad runny. Fantastic on green salad or steamed vegetables.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar (more if you like a sweeter dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened plain yogurt (I prefer to use Greek yogurt)
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted is best)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Blend all ingredients with a hand blender or in a small food processor. (The pureed sesame seeds thicken the dressing).