Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is one of my family's favorite dishes. It takes mere minutes to throw together and it tastes divine!
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2⁄3 cup agave nectar (or honey, if you use honey)
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder (I like Madras, but any kind will do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- Dump all ingredients into slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook 4-5 hours on low setting.
- Serve over Basmati rice.
My son has been vegan for about 7 months and was home on break from college. I saw this recipe and thought it would be easy but not sure it would be very tasty. Boy was I wrong! The family of four loved this so much they were fighting for more! My vegan son even went to the store to get items to make it again tomorrow! I followed the receipt making no changes....excellent!