Recipe by linzi_porteous
Moist, wheat free loaf.
Top Review by Nanners
I made these as muffins (12 standard, baked 375 20 min). I used the almond milk and cinnamon applesauce. WOW!! These are fantastic - they rose perfectly, tasted sweet and moist and my son said they were his 2nd favorite muffin ever! There is one problem: I made them with 1T. BAKING POWDER, not 1T. BAKING SODA. I assumed that the chef meant powder, since this is an unreal amount of soda. It's a 5 star recipe with the powder.
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup almond milk or 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the almond milk and egg replacer or applesauce.
- Add oil.
- Add the additional tablespoons of almond milk if needed. Batter should be like a thick cornbread type batter.
- Oil a loaf pan and pour into pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife comes clean.