Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This recipe takes a classic dish and adds some spice to it. I was inspired by the list of ingredients and how they could conform to a tasty Mexican take on this "All-American" dish.
- 2 lbs 93% lean ground beef, the leaner the better as the sausage and bacon will add additional fat to dish
- 1 lb mexican chorizo sausage
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 heads garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 slices bread
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- liquid, from can of chipotle peppers in adobo seasoning (for extra spice you can place one or two of the peppers in a food processor or blender and add to th)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup agave syrup
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 -2 chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- -Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- -Double a piece of Reynolds foil to a 16 inch square.
- -Cut garlic heads in half, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- -Fold Reynolds foil into a tent.
- -Place tent into the oven for 30-45 minutes.
- -while garlic is roasting soak bread slices in a bowl with the milk until the milk is absorbed.
- - in a large bowl combine hamburger,sausage,soaked bread,beaten eggs,bread crumbs,salt,pepper,adobo seasoning, and adobo sauce.
- -in a seperate bowl use a fork to smash the roasted garlic cloves, once crushed place into the larger bowl with the hamburger and other ingredients.
- -combine all ingredients in the large bowl well,you are probably better off using your hands for this.
- -reduce oven to 375 degrees.
- -line a 13x9 baking pan with Reynolds aluminum foil and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- - turn the meat mixture out into the Reynolds aluminum foil lined baking pan and shape into a loaf.
- - wrap the loaf with bacon strips in a weave pattern.
- - cover the bacon wrapped loaf with Reynolds aluminum foil and place inches.
- 375 degree oven for about an hour or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- -after proper internal temperature is reached, brush on glaze and place under broiler for 5-7 minutes, watch carefully or the glaze may blacken.
- Meatloaf Glaze.
- - place ketchup, agave syrup, mustard,salt, pepper and chipotle peppers into the bowl of a food processor or a blender and pulse till blended.
- -brush glaze onto the meat loaf after it has cooked to proper internal temperature and place under broiler.
- -drain and rinse the black beans and corn in a colander.
- -dice the red bell pepper and red onion.
- -chop the cilantro.
- -in a large bowl squeeze the juice of both limes.
- -in the bowl with the lime juice dice the avocado making certain to coat all pieces in the lime juice so they do not turn brown.
- -in the bowl with the lime juice and avocado, add in the black beans and corn, the red bell pepper, red onion and the chopped cilantro along with the salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- -stir well and refrigerate.
- -serve over the top of the meatloaf.
- *(any left over salsa can be eaten with tortilla chips as a healthy snack).