Recipe by horseplay
I think I got this from the Urban Peasant website. It is soooo good to make on a snowy night while curled up with another warm body and a movie.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
What a perfect blend of flavors! I used a Thai Bird chili and left it and the cinnamon stick in until the end. This cocoa is like a carnival in your mouth. First, the rich, rose and saffron-hinted chocolate, followed by a spicy cinnamon-chili and it's all tempered by the fresh orange zest. So delicious! I wouldn't change a thing. Made exactly as directed. Thanks for posting another unique beverage recipe, horseplay! Made & enjoyed for the Spain & Portugal Forum's Saffron tag game.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 dried chili
- 1 dash vanilla
- 4 ounces grated semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-sized pot, mix all the ingredients but the chocolate.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to medium.
- If you aren't a big spice person, remove the chili and cinnamon stick.
- If you like things hot, leave them in.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes, then add the chocolate.
- With a whisk, combine the chocolate, then strain out the floaty things and serve.