Depends on what I have on hand for the extract, nut and jam combinations (I use Knott's Berry Farms Jams) ie: strawberry jam with walnut lemon crust. Your choice of any combination. I also use two different jams to make it particularly festive with lightly toasted tinted coconut. Play with your favourites and enjoy. Prep time includes toasting the nuts and coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 large egg whites, room temp
- 3/4 teaspoon extract (vanilla, lemon, almond etc, your choice)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted with the following salt and soda
- 1/8 salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup toasted nuts, chopped finely then measured (walnuts, almonds, pecans, black walnuts etc, your choice)
- 3/4 cup jam (your choice)
- 1/2 cup jam (your choice)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Using the butter wrapper, grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan and set aside.
- 3Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, powdered sugar and egg whites.
- 4On low speed of mixer, blend in extract and sifted flour mixture.
- 5Lightly hand mix the toasted nuts into dough.
- 6Spread dough evenly into prepared pan.
- 7Score the dough at least 1/2 way through with a knife or tines of a fork, straight across or in a swirly type pattern.
- 8Spread the 3/4 cup of jam on dough so it also fills the scores.
- 9Bake for 20- 25 minutes or until edges brown and top is firm - ovens vary.
- 10Cool the pan on a wire rack.
- 11When the dough is cool, spread the 1/2 Cup jam evenly on top, sprinkle with the 1/2 Cup toasted coconut.
- 12Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Afternoon Tea Bars With Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 72.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: