1/1 Photo of Afternoon Ruby Tea Biscuits
Psalm AKA Typo Qween's Note:
This comes from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook. These biscuits are wonderful, and one of the first things I learned how to make. Please note the recipe is designed for kids and writing as written.
My Private Note
ruby te ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Measure the sifted flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and mix with fork in large mixing bowl.
- 3Cut in vegetable shortening until it looks like coarse bread crumbs.
- 4Add the milk and mix it into the flour with fork-but only until the mixture will form a soft ball.
- 5Place the ball of dough on a lightly floured surface and knead it 12 times.
- 6Rub some flour on rolling pin and roll the dough until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- 7With a large biscuit cutter cut circles, very close together, in the dough. Use a straight downward motion and do not twist the cutter.
- 8With a spatula lift HALF of the circles, one at a time onto a cookie sheet and arrange them about 1 inch apart.
- 9With a small cutter cut a hole in the center of the rest of the circles to make rings and lift out the centers. Set the centers aside.
- 10Place the rings on top of the circles on the cookie sheet.
- 11Place a teaspoon of red jam or jelly in each ring.
- 12Bake biscuits for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- 13Immediately take bicsuits off cookie sheet with spatula.
- 14With centers bake into little biscuits.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Afternoon Ruby Tea Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 230.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g