Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Chile Pepper magazine.
- 12 large jalapenos
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese, thin slices, halved
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each jalapeno and remove the seeds and membranes, leaving each pepper intact. (If you have sensitive skin like I do, wear latex gloves or these really will be afterburners.).
- Into the cavity of each pepper, carefully place a shrimp, about a teaspoon of cream cheese , half a slice of mozzarella and a pinch of green onion.
- Wrap each pepper with 1 piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on sheet pan.
- Repeat with remaining jalapenos.
- Broil peppers 5 1/2" from heat for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until bacon is cooked and crisp.
- Serve warm.