Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Chile Pepper magazine.
Make and share this Afterburners (Jalapeno Shrimp Poppers) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut a lengthwise slit in each jalapeno and remove the seeds and membranes, leaving each pepper intact. (If you have sensitive skin like I do, wear latex gloves or these really will be afterburners.).
- Into the cavity of each pepper, carefully place a shrimp, about a teaspoon of cream cheese , half a slice of mozzarella and a pinch of green onion.
- Wrap each pepper with 1 piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on sheet pan.
- Repeat with remaining jalapenos.
- Broil peppers 5 1/2" from heat for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until bacon is cooked and crisp.
- Serve warm.