Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are sweet and then you get hit with heat! I posted these because I have many requests for the recipe. No canning needed! This is a very easy cheat recipe! A take off of Afterburner Pickles, using a lot less sugar! You are more then welcome to add more sugar. You can also use the same jar the pickles came in being you discard the juice it should fit.
- 340.19 g sliced pickled jalapeno chilies
- 1304.07 g petite dill pickles or 1304.07 g gherkins
- 236.59 ml sugar
- In a large colander drain and mix the pickles and jalapenos. Discard juice.
- In a large jar layer 1/4 of the pickle and jalapenos with 1/4 of the sugar.
- Packing down as you add the rest of the layers.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 days. Giving it a shake whenever you go in the refrigerator.
- It will release juice. Now watch it disappear.
I have to admit, I expected to love these pickles. I wish I did. I guess the sugar should have given me a clue that they really weren't hot and spicy but sweet sweet sweet and spicy. I really don't like sweet picked so did a slight adjustment to the recipe... 32oz petite dills, 2/3 of a 12oz jar of jalape
I love this recipe! I will admit to being nervous, tho. I mixed this up on a Thursday. We tasted it Saturday & ehhh....odd sweet dilly flavor but no spicy ZING . Back into the fridge with you! We pulled it out again on Monday & POW! What great, zippy, sweet, dilly, flavor!! I haven't decided exactly HOW I'm going to do it, but I want to recycle the jalapenos to make another batch. Nicole & I ate most of the jar yesterday afternoon! This is so easy & so great! I couldn't find a 46oz jar of pickles. The biggest I could get was 32. I was going to cut down on the jalapenos but, it turns out, when you remove the jar & juice, there's only 5oz of actual pickled jalapenos in that jar! So I used them all. It all fit barely but was fine after a day when the sugar dissolved. Thanks, Rita, you VIP, you!!! Made for Veggie Tag 4/12.