Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Had this at a party and everyone asked for the recipe, including me. You can start this recipe before you leave for work and come home, throw the remaining ingredients in and it is ready to go.
- 1 cup coarse bulgur
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 scallions, finely minced (or green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup currants (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- Place bulgur in large heat safe bowl or pan
- Pour in boiling water.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Leave it while you are away or until the bulgur is tender and water absorbed.
- Remove foil and fluff with a fork.
- Add remaining ingredients (can prepare these before leaving also).
- Mix and serve.
- Can serve at room temperature or you can reheat in oven 350 for 30 minute.