Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful brunch recipe for the morning after or when you need an early boost for a busy day ahead; although this is super healthy and refreshing, I have also served this as the dessert dish for a buffet, BUT with champagne as the liquid instead of orange juice! (Just another idea for dressing this fresh fruit salad up with frills!) This is not only healthy, but it is SO festive and colourful - my photo shows the one I made this Boxing Day (26th December), I usually add kiwi fruit too, but we had run out of them.......oooops! My quantities listed here make enough for 6 to 8 people, but this can be increased as well as reduced to suit personal requirements. I normally serve this with crème fraiche or vanilla yoghurt, but it’s also wonderful when served “naked”, the salad that is, not me! The fruits I have suggested are rich in vitamins and antioxidants for a quick mental boost, as well as a rapid detox to aid recovery after a heavy night or after indulging in rich food, but please do adapt this to your own seasonal and local produce if you wish.
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 apples, washed but not peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 small clementines, peeled and segmented
- 226.79 g black grapes, cut in half and deseeded (225g)
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pomegranate, seeds of
- 1 orange, juice of
- champagne (1 wine glass) (optional)
- Place all the peeled and prepared fruit chunks, except the pomegranate seeds, into a large glass serving bowl and pour the orange juice over, mix and if necessary, add more orange juice.
- Scatter the pomegranate seeds over the top and serve with low fat crème fraiche or vanilla yoghurt - or just "naked"!
- (Add champagne for a special festive dessert -- but not if you want to serve this detox style!).
I loved this fruit. I added fresh summer seasonal fruits in midwestern U.S.A.
I had to make some substitutions, of course, due to seasonality. This salad is soooo good that DH wants to me this at least once a month -- even if just for the two of us! I did add champagne to it, much to the delight of my grand-niece! :; Thanks, FT! Made as VIP selection for Veggie Recipe Swap.
We had a small New Year's day get together, & this salad, although not a finger food, was a great addition to my counter of munchies ~ Festive & refreshing, not to mention so easy to assemble! Found all the fruits indicated (used Fuji apples & a large navel orange) along with everything else (well, minus the champagne, that is)! I'll be keeping this great recipe around ~ Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the VIP player in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 18]