Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite way to use up that leftover turkey at Thanksgiving. It is really great because it only takes a few minutes to put together and 30 minutes to cook. Just add a salad and cornbread and you have a fantastic meal, with very little trouble.
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix, i use lawrey
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- In large boiler, saute onions and peppers in olive oil.
- Add chili seasoning, tomatoes, beans, turkey and water (taste and add salt and pepper if desired).
- Bring to a slow boil, reduce heat and simmer on very low temperature for 30 minutes.
Thanks for this recipe. I did use leftover turkey and I used onion powder...otherwise I followed exactly. Thanks for sharing something so simple and tasty!!