Recipe by carole in orlando
A healthy dinner using leftover turkey and broth. Very nice with Kittencal's Coleslaw # 144435. I used the turkey removed from the carcass after cooking it all night in the crockpot with water to make broth. I also took off any fat from the broth before adding to the dish.
Top Review by Maggie in Florida
Had this for dinner last night and there are lots of leftovers, since there are only the 2 of us. It was very good, and a wonderful way to use up left over Turkey. I only had white meat left over, but that was just fine. I used chicken broth instead of Turkey broth, and everything else was followed as written. I had already used up the carcass by the time I came across your recipe! Thanks for posting it, carole! This will be a standby for the times that we have turkey and are tired of eating the left overs in the traditional way.
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat noodles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 cups cut-up cooked turkey (both white and dark meat)
- 1 cup turkey broth
- 3⁄4 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the noodles according to directions and drain well. Saute' the vegetables in the oil until tender.
- Add the turkey and the seasonings and mix to heat all ingredients through.
- Add the broth and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Mushroom Soup and mix well, add more
- seasoning if desired.
- Combine the noodles with the turkey mixture and heat through.
- Serve with a salad and enjoy!