Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A healthy dinner using leftover turkey and broth. Very nice with Kittencal's Coleslaw # 144435. I used the turkey removed from the carcass after cooking it all night in the crockpot with water to make broth. I also took off any fat from the broth before adding to the dish.
- 4 cups uncooked whole wheat noodles
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 cups cut-up cooked turkey (both white and dark meat)
- 1 cup turkey broth
- 3⁄4 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles according to directions and drain well. Saute' the vegetables in the oil until tender.
- Add the turkey and the seasonings and mix to heat all ingredients through.
- Add the broth and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the Mushroom Soup and mix well, add more
- seasoning if desired.
- Combine the noodles with the turkey mixture and heat through.
- Serve with a salad and enjoy!
Had this for dinner last night and there are lots of leftovers, since there are only the 2 of us. It was very good, and a wonderful way to use up left over Turkey. I only had white meat left over, but that was just fine. I used chicken broth instead of Turkey broth, and everything else was followed as written. I had already used up the carcass by the time I came across your recipe! Thanks for posting it, carole! This will be a standby for the times that we have turkey and are tired of eating the left overs in the traditional way.
I love this savory dish! I used egg noodles with leftover cooked chicken in place of turkey, added in some fresh garlic, Parmesan cheese and lots of black pepper and some salt, I also did use the herbes de provence (I add that into lots of my dishes). A fast and easy meal for DH and myself. Thanks Carole, we really enjoyed this tonight...Kitten:)