Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The guests have left. The candles have melted. The least favorite of the cheese and crackers remains on the table. You have pretty clear intentions for the leftover wine, but what do you do with all the leftover cheese and cut fruit? Clear out your post-party refrigerator with these two great recipes for the day after!
- 226.79 g pasta (elbow macaroni, shells, etc)
- 59.14 ml flour
- 709.77 ml milk or 709.77 ml cream
- 59.14 ml butter
- 709.77 ml leftover cheese
- all the leftover fruit
- Macaroni & Cheese.
- Boil and drain pasta. Cook al dente.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add flour to the butter and make a paste.
- Wait for the mixture to bubble.
- Add in milk. Stir constantly.
- Heat until boiling.
- Add cheese and mix constantly until entire mixture is a smooth sauce.
- Add cooked pasta.
- Pour pasta and cheese mixture into a casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with any remaining cheese.
- If you have leftover crackers, crumble them and put them on top.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until the cheese on top browns.
- Fruit Salad.
- Chop up all your fruit - throw it in a bowl. Allow to sit in the refrigerator overnight so all the fruit flavors combine.