Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this on the Kraft Foods website! Great way to use up the Easter leftovers!! You could even use this idea for Thanksgiving with turkey!!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag mixed salad greens
- 6 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 8 baby dill pickles, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup peppercorn ranch dressing (Kraft brand or your fave ranch dressing)
- Place greens in bottom of large salad bowl.
- Layer tomatoes, pickles, eggs, ham and onion over greens in bowl.
- Spread dressing evenly over top of salad.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.
It's not after Easter or a holiday so I just cut up a slice of bologna for the meat and the salad turned out great. A very good chef's salad recipe. Made Aussie Recipe Swap June 2013.
Oh what a terrific salad this is! I left out the onion (don't care for it) and used Homemade Ranch Dressing for the dressing and it was just outstanding. The pickles were an unexpected and wonderful addition. I served this as a side dish but it could stand on its own as a main dish. Thanks for sharing this keeper! Made for Fall PAC 2009
I make chef salads like this all the time. i followed the directions exactly except I left off the onions... personal preference. For my portion, I added diced avocado. Thank you.