Recipe by Rhonda *J*
A minty, dressed up variation of the Nanaimo bar!Recipe from Canadian Living Magazine.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (oreo baking crumbs)
- 1 package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- green food coloring
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- chopped chocolate covered peppermint stick candy (such as Ovation)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 inch metal baking pan,line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl, whisk butter, sugar& eggs.
- Stir in cookie crumbs& coconut.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the centre of oven until firm about 20 mins.
- Let cool completely in pan on rack.
- For Filling: In bowl, stir together butter, milk& peppermint extract.
- Beat in icing sugar& custard powder until smooth.
- Beat in food colouring to desired shade.
- Spread evenly over crust, refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- For Topping: In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with butter, spread over filling.
- Sprinkle with chopped chocolate covered peppermint sticks.