1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Rhonda *J*'s Note:
A minty, dressed up variation of the Nanaimo bar!Recipe from Canadian Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (oreo baking crumbs)
- 1 package sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons custard powder
- green food coloring
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- chopped chocolate covered peppermint stick candy (such as Ovation)
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease a 9x13 inch metal baking pan,line with parchment paper, set aside.
- 3In bowl, whisk butter, sugar& eggs.
- 4Stir in cookie crumbs& coconut.
- 5Press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- 6Bake in the centre of oven until firm about 20 mins.
- 7Let cool completely in pan on rack.
- 8For Filling: In bowl, stir together butter, milk& peppermint extract.
- 9Beat in icing sugar& custard powder until smooth.
- 10Beat in food colouring to desired shade.
- 11Spread evenly over crust, refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- 12For Topping: In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with butter, spread over filling.
- 13Sprinkle with chopped chocolate covered peppermint sticks.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for After Dinner Nanaimo Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10015.0
- Calories from Fat 5972
- Total Fat 663.6 g
- Saturated Fat 406.3 g
- Cholesterol 1619.4 mg
- Sodium 4978.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1067.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 46.6 g
- Sugars 585.7 g
- Protein 91.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: