Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 200 g sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons custard powder
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease 13- x -9 inch (3.5 L) metal cake pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In bowl, whisk butter, sugar and eggs.
- Stir in cookie crumbs and coconut.
- Press into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in centre of 350º F (180º C) oven until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan on rack.
- Meanwhile in bowl, stir together butter, milk, custard powder and peppermint extract.
- Beat in sugar until smooth.
- Beat in food colouring to desired shade.
- Spread evenly over base.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with butter; spread over filling.
- Refrigerate until set; cut into bars.
- Yield: 40 bars.