Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
This log looks amazing cut into slices. Choose a good quality chocolate for this recipe. I use this recipe sometimes as a christmas log. Some amaretti biscuits are naturally gluten free because they are made with apricot kernels, sugar and egg whites so this can easily become a wheat free recipe.
- 250 g chocolate, chopped
- 100 g butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 100 g ground almonds
- 100 g dried apricots, finely chopped
- 50 g toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 200 g amaretti, finelly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter, chocolate and honey in a large microwavable bowl and microwave on medium for 3-4 minutes, then stir th mixture until smooth.
- Stir the ground almonds, dried apricots, chopped nuts and 3/4 of teh amaretti into the chocolate mixture.
- Leave to cool then chill 1-2 hours until the mixture is firm enough to hold its shape.
- Place the mixture along a lenght of greaseproof paper, then wrap paper around it and shape like a log measuring about 25cm (10 inches) in lenght.
- Chill the roll for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining amaretti on another greaseproof paper and use your hands to roll it over the amaretti crumbs so that is is coated evenly.
- Wrap tightly with foil, twisting the ends to seal it. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, unwrap and slice into thin rounds with a sharp knife.
- Serve with after dinner coffee.
- keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or freeze for up to 1 months.