Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Lamb chops with a sweet and sticky sauce. Yummy, but quite rich so serve with "light" accompaniments. Preparation time excludes marinating time of approx. 2 hours.
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 lamb loin chops
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam (smooth)
- 1 -2 onion (grated)
- 1⁄2 pint cream
- Mix the first 4 ingredients for the sauce.
- Trim the chops and allow to soak in the sauce in a shallow dish for a couple of hours.
- In a frying pan, heat the butter (with a little oil to prevent burning) and add the onion, jam and cream. Stir until smooth.
- Add sauce from chops, heat and then add chops.
- Cook wih lid on until chops are cooked through and tender.
wow this was fantastic. It got a spot from DH too. so easy to make. Will be making this one again next time i get some more chops. Made for RECIPE SWAP #30 - July 2009
this was really good! I used 4 large shoulder chops, as loin chops here are very small and fatty. I made the full amount of sauce, and simmered these in a non stick electric frypan. Served with mashed potatoes and broccoli. Though I didnt change anything, it is a very sweet dish, and next time I think I would use a little less jam. I also think this would be great with chunks of lamb. thanks shazzie, a keeper for me.