Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Sounds Tasty, doesn't it?
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 175 g turnips, peeled and cubed
- 175 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 175 g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 1 1⁄4 liters vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 -2 fresh chili pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon unrefined sugar
- 115 g creamed coconut
- In a large saucepan heat the oil, add the onion and cook it gently for 4-5 minutes. Add the cubed vegetables and toss them over a medium heat for a further 5-6 minutes. Add the marjoram, ginger, cinnamon, salt and pepper and cook together over a low heat for 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the spring onion, stock, flaked almonds, chilli and sugar and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are just tender. Check the seasoning. Grate the creamed coconut into the soup and stir well. Garnish with chopped coriander or parsley and serve.