Recipe by GrillMasterWes
This marinated Tilapia is grilled hot while basted in the marinade to give it lots of extra flavor. It's a favorite around my room mates!
Top Review by tandkbenson
This recipe tasted very good and was well recieved by the entire family. I made a couple changes to the recipe. I didn't have an onion so I used onion powder and it worked great. I also used red bell pepper which is sweeter and it was delicious. Finally, I reduced the oil to 1/4 cup because I didn't want oily sauce poured over the fish to keep it more healthy. We had ample sauce to marinate and for eating. Thanks for the recipe. We will do it again.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne or 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except for the tilapia.
- Mix well until the salt is disolved.
- Place tilapia in a glass dish and cover with marinade.
- Turn to coat and set aside for 20 minutes. Preheat grill.
- Pour marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil.Allow to cool.
- Grill tilapia fillets of a medium high heat for about 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the fish flakes easily and has an even appearance all the way through.
- Serve by pouring a small amount of the sauce over the tilapia fillets.