Recipe by lazyme
A delicious soup combining the tastes of sweet potatoes, peanuts, and tomatoes. From Allrecipes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Mix in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrot, and continue to cook and stir about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the saucepan, and season the mixture with salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove the soup mixture from heat.
- In a food processor or blender, blend the soup and peanuts until almost smooth.
- Season with cayenne pepper.
- Return to the saucepan.
- Whisk in the peanut butter, and cook until heated through.
- Serve warm topped with fresh cilantro.