Recipe by Phoenix Food Queen
I am posting this to serve with Easy African-style peanut chicken. I am a single mother with a disabled child. Since I work and go to college, I need easy, delicious dinners. This isn't really authentic but a friend of mine is in Africa and sends me recipes to "tweak" for my ease of cooking!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 dash coriander powder
- 1 dash turmeric powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan, melt butter and add rice to saute.
- when Rice is a nice golden color, add chicken brother, dash of coriander powder, dash of turmeric and bring to boil.
- At boiling point, reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook for 20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN LID UNTIL 20 Minutes is up! I suggest setting a timer!
- When done, fluff with fork and serve with Easy African-Style Peanut Chicken!