1/1 Photo of African Style Rice
Phoenix Food Queen's Note:
I am posting this to serve with Easy African-style peanut chicken. I am a single mother with a disabled child. Since I work and go to college, I need easy, delicious dinners. This isn't really authentic but a friend of mine is in Africa and sends me recipes to "tweak" for my ease of cooking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauce pan, melt butter and add rice to saute.
- 2when Rice is a nice golden color, add chicken brother, dash of coriander powder, dash of turmeric and bring to boil.
- 3At boiling point, reduce heat to low and cover.
- 4Cook for 20 minutes. DO NOT OPEN LID UNTIL 20 Minutes is up! I suggest setting a timer!
- 5When done, fluff with fork and serve with Easy African-Style Peanut Chicken!
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Style Rice
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 516.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.7 g