Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Peanuts are used widely in African cuisine.
- 1 chicken (cut in serving pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water (hot)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (dried-crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped fine)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken), if mixture is too thick, keep adding hot water until mixture is similar to cream.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade mixture for basting while grilling.
- Place remaining marinade in zip loc bag, add chicken pieces, squish to combine, marinate for 2-3 hours
- Heat grill, lightly oil grates, place chicken on grate and brush with reserved peanutbutter mixture while grilling. Grill until juices run clear.(about 30 min).
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
Delicious! I used chicken breasts for this, and because we do not have a grill I broiled the chicken for 20 minutes, turning once and basting halfway through. It turned out great and I loved the crust that formed from the marinade. This one's a keeper- thanks for sharing!
I couldn't resist this recipe! I love to grill, and this was delicious. I loved how the coating/marinade carmelized on the chicken. Sorry I don't have a photo. I cut this down to one serving, and was starving and just dug in. :) Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT.
Lovely, slightly peanutty chicken!! The marinade was just the right thickness, and stuck nicely to the chicken pieces. (I used crunchy peanut butter). I apologise for having had to oven-roast this, as it's winter and yesterday we had such gales and cold that grilling was completely out. Didn't want to use the oven grill -- not used to it. I think this will be even more scrumptious on an outside grill (we use wood, not gas). The chicken browned beautifully to a deep golden-brown colour. I used a Malay "leaf masala" instead of an Indian curry powder. Leaf masala is an aromatic and very mild curry mixture. BakinBaby, thanks for a winner!