Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This soup is absolutely delicious, it's habit-forming! so I strongly suggest to triple the recipe and freeze some, this soup freezes excellent! You can adjust all ingredients to taste slightly.
- 1 medium sweet potato (cut into about 1-inch cubes or a little larger)
- 1 large russet potato (peeled and cut into cubes)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 -4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (use more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or use all oil)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 -2 cup prepared salsa (mild or spicy)
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add in both potatoes onion, garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeno pepper and cumin; saute for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add in chicken, salsa, cumin, chicken broth and black beans; simmer for about 25-30 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter, season with salt and pepper to taste cook stirring for 3 minutes.