A west African recipe. Use as a side dish or serve over rice or couscous as a vegetarian main dish.
- Cook onion and green pepper in peanut oil in a skillet for about 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add spinach and tomato to skillet.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, or until spinach is tender.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Cook until hot throughout.
- Serving suggestion: Server with hot cooked rice or couscous.
I followed the recipe and spicy it up a little with a 1/8 of teaspon of jalapeno. It was absolutely delicious. This recipe is good without any spicy additive. I just like a little heat!
Oh, Wow!! I love spinach and peanut butter so this recipe had my name written all over it. It didn't disappoint. This is a true keeper for me! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Africa.
I really enjoyed this recipe. I used a combo of spinach and swiss chard as I needed to use up both. The addition of peanut butter was so unusual for me, but worked! Thanks.