Amber of AZ's Note:
Very good and a nice change. I am not a big fan of cauliflower so I use a bag of fresh stir fry vegetables instead. The presentation is very colorful. I adapted this recipe from a Weight Watchers cookbok. 1 point per 1 cup serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fresh broccoli florets, small
- 3/4 cup fresh cauliflower floret
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1Steam the vegetables, covered 2 minutes.
- 2Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 3Combine spices in a skillet over medium heat and cook 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine spice mixture, sour cream, vinegar, and honey.
- 5Add vegetables and mix well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Spiced Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.3
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g