1/8 Photos of African-Spiced Cauliflower and Carrot Salad
This is a lite and healthy side. In Africa raw vegetables are popular in salads this recipe does call to lightly steam or you can quick blanch them for 4 minutes. Toasting the spices in a skillet brings out their sweet and hot flavors. I made this using 8 cup of carrots and cauliflower combined and just double the dressing. My spices are very fresh and intense so I was able to use less then called for. Adjust to taste and freshness of spices. Th
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cauliflower, small florets
- 1/2 cup carrot, diagonally sliced (1/4-inch)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1Steam first 2 ingredients, covered, 2 minutes. Rinse mixture under cold water; drain well.
- 2Combine salt and next 5 ingredients (salt through crushed red pepper) in a small skillet; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until lightly aromatic, stirring constantly.
- 3Add vinegar while of the heat.
- 4Combine spice mixture, sour cream, and honey in a bowl; stir well.
- 5Add cauliflower mixture; toss well to coat.
- 6Chill for 1 hour.
- 7Top with green onions just before serving.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African-Spiced Cauliflower and Carrot Salad
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.7
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 108.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g