Another beloved slow cooker recipe from Canadian Living! I like it with vermicelli noodles or rice... you may need more salt and pepper depending on your preference! I use boneless skinless thighs because that's what I like!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 ground ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 16 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley or 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat half the oil over med high heat and saute onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened (about 4 minutes).
- Stir in tomato paste, paprika, 2 tbsp water, ginger, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper - cook, stirring, for about 1 minute.
- stir in coconut milk and peanut butter and then let cool slightly and transfer to food processor, puree until smooth (Make ahead - let cool to room temperature and refrigerate in an airtight container up to 48 hours).
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat remaining oil over med high heat and brown chicken in batches, then transfer to slow cooker.
- Pour sauce over top , then cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in jalapeno and cilantro / parsley and cook on high for 20 minutes until thickened.