Chef #601409's Note:
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Contemporary take on gnocchi by taking two classic cultures and fusing them together. Interesting fact: The only other cuisine in Ethiopia is Italian cuisine because the Italians ruled Ethiopia for so long.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the actual Gnocchi
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tablespoon berbere, spice
- 8 roasted garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
For the entree
- 8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 scallions, sliced on the bias
- 4 okra, cut in half
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
For the sauce
- 1For the gnocchi:.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a bowl until just barely stiff.
- 3Roll into log and cut inch pieces. Put a medium pot of water on to boil with a little salt. Once boiling, add gnocchi pieces and cook for 5 minutes. Take out and put on sheet tray and pop in the freezer.
- 4Prepping the entrée:.
- 5Dice the sweet potatoes into medium cubes. Put cubes in a small pot of cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until just cooked. Save water for sauce.
- 6Slice tomatoes, okra and scallions.
- 7For the sauce:.
- 8Put garlic, onion and ginger in a small blender. Add a little sweet potato water if not blending to a paste.
- 9Small dice the jalapeno. Sautee in a medium pan with peanut oil.
- 10Add garlic, onion & ginger paste. Sautee with jalapeno and add thyme and bay leaf. Once fragrant, add tomato paste, natural peanut butter, and sweet potato water. Whisk until thick.
- 11Assembling the meal:.
- 12Take gnocchi out of the freezer. They should be cooled completely. Heat sautee pan to medium heat and a little peanut oil. Throw in gnocchi & entrée veggies and sautee until gnocchi has a little color. Add sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Potato Gnocci #SP5
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes