Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another version of this wonderful stew. It is "Eat Right 4 Your Type" friendly for types A and AB. Serve it over your favorite grain and garnish with the chopped peanuts and chopped scallions!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -5 cups kale (1 bunch) or 4 -5 cups swiss chard (1 bunch)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, celtic (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, skinless, crushed (more or less for garnish)
- 3 scallions, chopped (more or less for garnish)
- Saute onions and garlic in oil, stirring often until lightly browned.
- While onions are cooking, wash the kale or chard, pull or cut out large stems, stack leaves on cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add the can of pineapple with its juice to the onions.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the kale or chard, cover, let simmer about 5 minutes, just until the greens are tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, soy sauce and cilantro, simmer 5 more minutes.
- Add the sea salt to taste.
- Serve it over your favorite grain and top with the crushed peanuts and chopped scallions.