Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
goes surprisingly well with noodles
Top Review by Mallory K.
this is from the moosewood restaurant cooks at home cookbook which recommends serving it with rice/millet/couscous and tooping with peanuts and scallions. mooswood puts out some great cookbooks and i highly recommend picking them up, i have several (great vegetarian and some fish recipes).
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups kale, Sliced
- 2 cups canned crushed pineapple, Undrained
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce or 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a covered saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned.
- While the onions saute, wash the kale.
- Remove the stems. Stack the leaves on a cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Add the pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer. Stir in the kale, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until just tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, hot pepper sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.