1/1 Photo of African Pineapple Peanut Stew
goes surprisingly well with noodles
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a covered saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned.
- 2While the onions saute, wash the kale.
- 3Remove the stems. Stack the leaves on a cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
- 4Add the pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer. Stir in the kale, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until just tender.
- 5Mix in the peanut butter, hot pepper sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for African Pineapple Peanut Stew
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.6
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g