Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
goes surprisingly well with noodles
Make and share this African Pineapple Peanut Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups kale, Sliced
- 2 cups canned crushed pineapple, Undrained
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce or 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, Chopped
- In a covered saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned.
- While the onions saute, wash the kale.
- Remove the stems. Stack the leaves on a cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Add the pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer. Stir in the kale, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until just tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, hot pepper sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
We had friends over and we all liked it.
Really simple and full of flavor. I'm always overloaded with kale, and I'm greatful you shared the recipe! We ate it over rice, as Enjolinfam suggested.
The flavors of this were FANTASTIC! My family loved it, but then we love most peanut sauces. It was thicker and a smaller amount than I had thought it would be, but mixed with some rice it was the perfect amount for my family of four. I definetely reccomend eating this with rice, because even though the flavors are terrific they can be strong and just right with some rice. We WILL have this again. Thanks! Made for ZWT4 - Los Jefes de la Cocina.