goes surprisingly well with noodles
Make and share this African Pineapple Peanut Stew recipe from Food.com.
- In a covered saucepan, saute the onions and garlic in the oil for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are lightly browned.
- While the onions saute, wash the kale.
- Remove the stems. Stack the leaves on a cutting surface and slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Add the pineapple and its juice to the onions and bring to a simmer. Stir in the kale, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until just tender.
- Mix in the peanut butter, hot pepper sauce, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.