Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't know what it is about peanuts and tomatoes, but they are just so good together!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup white rice
- 6 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium, heat the oil and garlic for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, peanut butter, broth, vinegar, cayenne, and salt, whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Add the rice, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and peanuts.
I have been making this recipe for years. I also add extra Sriracha hot sauce and use brown rice. It's great to serve in a crock pot at parties. Crowd pleaser.